Despite the fact that self contained LED solar lights use relatively mature technology, they are surprisingly underused in the typical homeowner’s garden. One of the key causes of this is the lack of knowledge about the types of solar powered lights now commercially available. The range of styles and models out there mean that any garden should be able to benefit from some type of solar lighting used to highlight a feature, illuminate an area, or just add a little ambiance.
Following is a list of facts and tips about LED solar lights
- A solar light does not have a traditional light bulb. The solar light consists of a LED or Light Emitting Diode, which draw little power. Coupled with constantly recharging batteries, you will never run out of light!
- Solar powered lights can drastically reduce the electric bill of a household. By replacing all lights in the garden with solar lighting, there is no need to plug into the electric system. Lights will automatically come on at dusk and off at sunrise ensuring the lights are activated only when needed.
- They are good for protecting the earth. We all know that the earth is a ticking time bomb as the human population is using up energy sources fast. They take their energy from the sun, store it during daylight hours and then release it at night-time. This replaces the conventional method of using electricity to light our gardens.
- LED solar lights are easily installed and maintained. Simply insert the battery, place the lights in your garden and watch as they set to work. No need for untidy wires or setting an alarm to remind you to switch the outside lights on.
- Solar power lights come in every design that you could possibly wish for. If your garden is mainly used by children then you can find them in the shapes of animals, some designs project out different colored lights, other designs are neatly hidden among rose bushes or plants.
- You can buy outdoor solar lights from a number of stockists. Surfing the internet will offer search results of a lot of manufacturers. Also be sure to visit your local garden center as they can recommend a reliable brand for you to use.
Don’t be put off by memories of the old style of solar post lights, with all kinds of innovative models on the market. Once you have set up and operated a set of LED solar lights in your own garden, you will be convinced of their utility and appeal – with the low prices of some of these units, you have nothing to lose by giving them a go today.